Family Law & Divorce Information in Houston, Texas

Family Law, Divorce, In Houston Texas

Child Custody Order From Outside Texas

Posted on : January 30, 2013 |

Child Custody Order From Outside Texas

Section 152 of the Texas Family Code is the Uniform Child Custody and enforcement Act that allows one to determine where and when to file a child custody order.  If you have a foreign order and want to modify, you would need to pull a certified copy and file it with the local court in the county that the child now resides.  After you serve it out, the other side may object and state that the facts are disputed so that the order cannot be domesticated.  Once the order has been domesticated, then you can modify the order to reflect your current facts.  Such as your spouse got custody in South Carolina when you got divorced.  At that time you were in the service and you have since moved back to Texas. Your spouse remarried and their current significant other does not get along with your child. You happen to get your child for a summer and everyone says you can keep the child.  Well, what about that wage garnisment for child support?  The ex is not giving it up or back.  You would need to file a modification and stop the wage order.  Rights and duties would be looked at as well.  My firm files several of these orders in a monthly period.  Call me today to modtify your Child Custody Order From Outside Texas.

About the Author

Michael Busby Jr. is a divorce and family law attorney who practices in Harris County Texas and the counties that surround Harris County, Texas. He has been in practice for over 10 years and has tried over 100 cases.  He is familiar with the policy and procedures of the Harris County Texas Divorce Courts.   Our office is open until 8:30 p.m. on Wednesdays and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. for working folks.  Please call with your family law or divorce questions for your Child Custody Order From Outside Texas in Houston Texas.

Michael Busby Jr.

2909 Hillcroft Suite 350

Houston, Texas 77057

(713) 974-1151

Visit me on the web at

Child Custody Order From Outside Texas also would be applicable to the following communities within the greater Houston, Texas Area:

Baytown, Bellaire, Bunker Hill, Deer Park, Friendswood, Galena Park, Humble, Jacinto City, Katy, La Porte, Pasadena, Tomball, West University, Cypress, Crosby, Woodlands, Denver Harbor, Spring & The Woodlands, Spring, Stafford, Sugarland, Galveston, Missouri City, Richmond, & Alief

− 2 = six



I am a member of the State Bar of Texas, the Houston Bar Association, the Houston Association of Debtor's Attorneys and I am admitted to practice in the Federal Courts in the Southern District of Texas. I enlisted in the United States Marine Corps and served as a Field Artillery Cannoner from 1989 to 1993. I spent another 4 years from 1993 to 1997 in the National Guard for the states of Arkansas, Oklahoma, and North Carolina. I received my Bachelor of Science degree with honors from the University of Central Oklahoma in 1996. From 1996 to 1999 I worked as a funeral director and embalmer at Harry & Bryant Company in Charlotte, North Carolina. I graduated from South Texas College of Law in 2002. I have been faithfully married for 18 years and I am the the proud father of two daughters, Viktoria and Hannah Busby and father of Willam Maximus "Billy Max" Busby.